Looking to buy a house but it does not have a back door.

Thank you Leo. I will have a look at those fire regs. We do plan to put a small extension on the back, which will incorporate a back door. I wanted to know if it was ok to buy without one and if it would give us some ammunition when haggling with regard to putting an offer forward on the house.
Shouldn't be of any concern to you so given your plans. You'd only really be able to use issues like this as a haggling point if you were the only bidder which is unlikely these days. Raising issues like that as one of multiple bidders may make the vendor think you're less likely to proceed and end up preferring a bidder who sounds serious but bids less.

Shouldn't be of any concern to you so given your plans. You'd only really be able to use issues like this as a haggling point if you were the only bidder which is unlikely these days. Raising issues like that as one of multiple bidders may make the vendor think you're less likely to proceed and end up preferring a bidder who sounds serious but bids less.
Good advice, thank you !!

Thank you Leo. I will have a look at those fire regs. We do plan to put a small extension on the back, which will incorporate a back door. I wanted to know if it was ok to buy without one and if it would give us some ammunition when haggling with regard to putting an offer forward on the house.
How does one haggle without putting in a bid? As for haggling, have you any idea of the current vendors market. It’s madness out there. You’d be well advised to just put in a bid and not try any nonsense.

Ask the next door neighbour why there's no back door and how do they feel about it. They may well have had the same issue and have done the research already.
and you'll find out what the neighbours are like.

I find it strange that so many people do very little checking on who that might live beside for many years. An excuse like this is perfect cover. :)

How does one haggle without putting in a bid? As for haggling, have you any idea of the current vendors market. It’s madness out there. You’d be well advised to just put in a bid and not try any nonsense.
I’ve been watching it for the last 3 years. I asked for advice about back doors, not bidding on a house. There’s no need for your tone.

and you'll find out what the neighbours are like.

I find it strange that so many people do very little checking on who that might live beside for many years. An excuse like this is perfect cover. :)
Yes, I plan to do this as well. It’s a good idea. Thank you.

There has only been one bidder so far, and they have offered much less than the asking. One can only try. It is better to be informed than have a question in your mind. I know it is a long shot, but we have the asking price if we need it.

Back