Looking for money belts before heading off to Spain

tinkerbell - i go to Rome a lot and there are problems with pickpockets in markets, crowded areas etc. But you dont feel at all unsafe. You can recognise a lot of these pickpockets as they tend to travel in groups and are VERY brightly dressed in flouncy skirts etc. I keep my rucksack in front of me when i see them and make sure I watch them pass and then continue with my day. Keep a really good eye on your bag and make sure the money bag isnt opened on you from behind.

Why not just carry small amounts of cash and use a credit (ideally preloaded with cash) or other card to draw out money as you need it?
I like credit cards (over debit cards) as they limit ones exposure to fraudulent transactions but I wouldn't be confident of getting my money back if such fraud was against a credit card pre-loaded with cash.

thanks emmt for that. I will certainly be alert to any would be pickpockets who want to relieve me of my hard earned cash!

that sports shop in Liffey Street is gone:(

Good luck with your purchase :D

ps

The shop in Liffey street is there . Its called Outdoor Adventure Store and is on Liffey Street Upper in between the EBS and Marks and Spencers and across the road from Arnotts. I walked past it today.

Back