VHI Looking for alternative to Company Plan Plus Level 1.

Up Rovers

I have looked at the HIA website and am considering moving to PMI3613 from Company Plan Plus Level 1 with VHI. I would prefer to remain with VHI so options are probably limited. I understand that the daily benefits are better on the PMI3613 plan. There would appear to be a saving also of €128 per adult in January.

Just wondering if I am doing the right thing in moving and is it definitely a better plan? Two adults in 60s and one son in 30s.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes, you are doing the right thing choosing PMI 36 13 as an alternative option.
Inpatient hospital cover is identical and daily benefits outpatient cover is slightly better than before, also at a cheaper price.
Overall, its a win, win.

Snowyb

Hi Snowyb,

Thanks for your reply. I had a quick chat with someone in VHI to-day and they don't appear to push the PMI plans too much. They did mention that these plans may discontinue in the future, which is unusual as I have never heard them mention this before for any other plan. I forgot to ask what happens about the upgrade rule in this scenario? I may have to give them a call back. They are very busy at the moment with all the renewals going through at the moment.

Here are 2 plans which are worth looking at :- Company plan extra select from VHI at €1144 which has excellent in patient benefits and no d-t-d cover. Company plan plus select from VHI at €1134 has good in patient and d-t-d cover. Good luck!

Hi Snowyb,

Just wondering if you have any views on them discontinuing the plan which seems strange and how the upgrade rule or move across in this case would affect this?

Thanks.

Up Rovers,

There is no evidence, ie notice via HIA.ie, to suggest that the VHI plan 36 13 will be discontinued. This is a corporate plan which
means they're usually good value and good cover, directed at the corporate sector but available for anyone to buy. I would say this
is just talk with little foundation. Even if at some stage it was discontinued, it would not affect anyone already signed up for the year in question. Switching to a similar plan means the upgrade rule would not come into effect as its identical cover. It is not unusual for plans to be discontinued at any stage - there are always new ranges of plans coming onto the market with similar cover.

Snowyb

Great snowyb, thanks for that. Will most likely change over at renewal. No point in paying more money for less cover :)

Back