Location of extractor fan

check out creativewood.ie. solid wood everything, for the craic i asked if i could get chipboard cracasses..in no uncertain terms they are bespoke swrvice with uncompromising use of quality materials...so no then?? want to gag altogether, apparently 30k excluded worktops (granite and solid maple no less) and vat at 13.5%. Also i'd have to buy appliances after that!! i started with a budget of €6000, grew to €14 when i obviously read an out of date info that they start at €14...now 14k seems like a dream. my budget didn't include appliances! also, i'm the one the that loves to cook....he's the general washer upper!! but my fisher and paykel dream dishwasher might actually improve my cleaning abilities...nah who am i kidding, i just like the look of 'em!!

checked out that site and it does look like beautiful stuff, especially the curved doors.

have to say though it does look like a luxurious product and seems to be the type of thing that if you have to ask the price you can't afford it. 6k can get you a very decent looking kitchen, sure the solid wood doors might be hiding cheaper carcasses but can you justify a 500% increase in budget?

sueellen said:
Hi sloggi,

Perhaps you should not take my word as gospel as it was a long time ago and I see extopia mentions above that his works fine. They might have improved since I had one :confused: Anyone else more recent experience of charcoal filter hoods?
You can't filter steam. An unducted fan just recycles it around the room.

RainyDay said:
You can't filter steam. An unducted fan just recycles it around the room.

You're probably right - but steam shouldn't be a problem in a well ventilated room. It's the smoke and grease that are more worrysome.

sueellen said:
Hi sloggi,

Perhaps you should not take my word as gospel as it was a long time ago and I see extopia mentions above that his works fine. They might have improved since I had one :confused: Anyone else more recent experience of charcoal filter hoods?

I am interested in one of these charcoal filter hoods also! Well really I have no choice - builders failed to put in ducting, grrrrr, don't get me started - then they complained that they would have to take up floors upstairs etc etc (cooker is on an internal wall) to do it and it would cost alot - cost ME alot! HELLLO - they forgot it! Dopes! LOL! Rant over!

Anyway have to put up with one of these now I guess, please tell me that have improved since Sue Ellen had one????????

Aimee said:
Anyway have to put up with one of these now I guess, please tell me that have improved since Sue Ellen had one????????

Hi Aimee,

I'd recommend giving somewhere like [broken link removed]a call and see if they have any recommendation for a good charcoal filter hood. I found their advice to be very good when I got my new kitchen.

P.S. No connection with Discount Electric.

Back