Living with LandLady

Would anyone have any qualms about reporting someone like this? I'm not sure if I would be able to do it. I have never been in the position where I knew someone was "on the make"...

When i was renting years ago i claimed back my rent relief. i had mentioned to the landlord who lived with me that he should register for rent a room scheme cause i liked him. told him all about it and that he basically had to do nothing. he said no that he didnt want to . he had another house which he moved into. I claimed rent relief and would have been a fool not to. it was my right as clubman said. you are also foolish if you think someone wont do it to you . All the government will have to do ina couple of years time when things get tight is advertise this incentive of tax back (unlimited in the number of years you can back claim for at the moment) and chase all the landlords who never registered as rent a room or as proper landlords. it will be the biggest tax take of all. You cannot go back and do it so now is the time. i really liked my landlord he was sound enough but thats life ,...down the line he wil pay the price

Back