Life Insurance - What to do?

gotsomenow

Hello,

I have a sneaking feeling that I am going to be refused life insurance. I will be on the mortgage on my own, and my husband is nothing to do with it.

If I am refused life insurance, and I die, does that mean my husband would be left with the mortgage, and no money?

Are there any other options?

Thanks

G

Crap! Is there anyway you can appeal, or go to another insurance co, and maybe pay a higher premium?

Yes you can appeal if you feel that thier decision was unfair - usually the insurance co will ask that you do this through your GP.

You can try other cos too but the more cos you try the more medicals etc you may have to undergo but if one of them takes you on it will probably be worth it.

As your husband is not on the mortgage I'm assuming the house you are buying is not your principle residence, if this is the case this shouldn't delay your mortgage.

Hi Hel N,

Thanks for the advice. Yes I am a FTB, and it will be our home. Fingers crossed, I should know today. The broker I am dealing with is fabulous, he really sticks his neck out, so hopefully he will come back with good news today.

G

Back