Life Insurance-how much are people paying?

Mairead

We have two properties that we have mortgages of 200,00 euros and 265000 euros.
At the moment we pay 115 euros a month on each of these properties and a subsequent 100 euros a month for a life cover policy which will pay out a lump sum of 285000 on the death of either me or my partner.
In total we pay out 330 a month for these which I happen to think is very expensive but do not know any different so would like some advice. I was recently told that you should go online to get quotes as they are cheaper. Anyone have any good and safe options?
All our policies were organised by our mortgage lender at the time so we did not think to question the price.

Why do you have mortgage protection insurance on your investment property? If either party dies and the investment isn't servicing itself, you could simply sell the property and take the profit. You are under no obligation to take out mortgage protection insurance on anything other than your home. I'd be cancelling that policy (unless you otherwise need the insurance).

Do you or your partner have life cover through an employer pension scheme?

Try www.123.ie or www.tesco.ie or www.labrokers.ie. for personal life assurance quotes. In my experience the lender isn't always the cheapest and as Rainy says life cover is not essential for investment propery. Little point in comparing your life assurance premia to what others are paying unless several variables such as age , sums assured and smoking status are identical.

130,000 dual life, convertable with serious illness 32 euro pm
100,000 dual life cash 17 euro pm
200,000 dual life cash 38 euro pm

so I have 427,000 life cash cover for €87 pm

note; these are cash life assurance products, ie no death no cash. There is no value in them at the end of the 25 years. It seems from the figures you give that there is going to be some value in them at the end of the term, like a savings account with insurance.

Back