Lidl app - beware

Had a look at this on someone else's phone.

They really are treating customers badly.

Firstly you need to sign up to the app. Then you have to "activate" the offer. Then you need to read the terms and conditions.

Included is a huge list of items. Over 80 I'm told.

BUT, they only allow a MAXIMUM of 9 items and it's the cheapest items that are free.

Due to the massive number of items, the chances are you will buy more than 9, and amongst your items might be 79c rolls or 59c farls - and it will be these cheap items that will be "free" - and only a max of 3.

Nowhere near as attractive as they make it out to be and simply not worth the effort.

I see that Supervalu are now also forcing you to activate discounts in their app.

This is really annoying.... Not that I shop in either Supervalu or Lidl much, but I do on occasion, and have both apps on my phone.

Firstly you need to sign up to the app. Then you have to "activate" the offer. Then you need to read the terms and conditions.
You don't "need/have to" do any of this. It's a choice. You don't even have to shop there in the first place.

You don't "need/have to" do any of this. It's a choice. You don't even have to shop there in the first place.
I rarely shop there. I no longer have their app.

And whilst I'd be particularly good on arithmetic, retailers like lidl know many consumers are not strong on figures and prey on this with their style of marketing.

I wonder how many people know that only 9 items can be small included out of the 80+ they have in the offer and do they know that it's the 3 lowest price items that they put as "free".

My own opinion is it is bordering on misleading.

Also there over worked staff are at the receiving end of customers ire at the till when they realise they didn't meet conditions for the offer, not the lidl management

Back