Let down by Opel car.

Re: New OPEL broke down

This is escalating on my part, and was faxing some documents to opel customer service and was suprised to find they are in the uk, and not in Ireland at all. Is this normal for car companies to have customer service in Uk, their phone number is an irish one .
Very normal to have customer service in one central location, whether that is Ireland, UK, India, etc and also regardless of what product you buy.

One major issue that I have discovered. If one gets a replacment car here, one can not take the car out of the Island of ireland. In addition one cant get a replacment car even for local runs after 6pm any evening, never on a saturday, never on a sunday, and never on a bank holiday monday.

Anyone ever encounter this problem with anyother brand , is it normal? or is it just opel?

I very much doubt that any brand offer a 24/7 vehicle replacement service as part of the warranty agreement. I would imagine that the cost of such a service would significantly increase the price of the car. Can't say for sure, but I've never heard of such a service.
With most manufacturers you also get a very small/cheap replacement/courtesy vehicle. Coming to think of it, I've only ever heard of it being called a courtesy car, so it may not be a warranty entitlement but rather courteous gesture.

Have been driving Opel cars for many years now, and never had trouble; never had an automatic though.

anyone know anything of relevance re opels automatics?
If you know of anyone having similar problems please let me know

Re: New OPEL broke down

I very much doubt that any brand offer a 24/7 vehicle replacement service as part of the warranty agreement..

I must check the warranty again, but as far as i can recall opel guranatee to keep you on the road 24 hours a day, the warranty did say a replacment car of similar class would be provided.

i know max of 4 days was mentioned in the warranty.

I must reread the warranty,

Back