Leixlip

WGT

Hi,
Myself and my girlfriend are thinking of buying in Leixlip?
We are currently living the Newbridge side of Naas but find commuting to Dublin difficult. I know Leixlip is serviced by two stations.
Any opinions?

WGT I was thinking of buyin in the Newbridge/Nass area. In what way do you find commuting difficult? Do you use the train?

Hi Clipper1981,
I guess if you're using the train it would be better, but seeing as my girlfriend was working in Crumlin and I in the City Centre, we used to share the one car, which meant having to leave the house at 7am in the winter and 7.15am at other times.
If you can buy near a railway station and you work near a station in Dublin, then it could be better for you.

Bought in Leixlip 2 yrs ago and very, very happy. house has gone up 6o-80k in that time. The train is the main pull to the area as you will get a seat on all trains into town in the morning. This is rare on most other commuter lines as you prob know. There used to be a big social difference between both sides of Leixlip, i.e. confey and louisa bridge but now there is no longer any real difference. Houses on the confey side are still a bit cheaper and safe etc. Also houses on confey side are usually closer to the train station. Some lovely new housing estates around louisa bridge station. the village is lovely and although we don't have tesco etc, they all in Maynooth which is 20min drive away. Friends of ours bought in north county dublin same time as us, and now regretting it and trying to sell up and move to Leixlip... also the commuter line is set to become a DART line inthe future which will cause house prices to rise- well thats what I am hoping for anyway. hope this helps.

Back