Late Late Show - Pat Kenny, time to go?

The problem with Pat Kenny really is that he cannot conduct a god interview - good interviewing is an artform - Gaybo has it, Kenny doesn't!
Pat Kenny, talks over his guests, tries to parahrase alot & interferes with the flow of what some guests are trying to express. That can be quite frustrating at times. If he was nt attached to the 'Late Late Show' brand & had a separate tthe talk show of his own it would not be as much of a success.
Add to that he might not even be earning as much money now!.. so its the Late Late Show that put him where he is..... not the other way around.

My Questions are more important than the answers is the feeling you get with Pat Kenny. As with Gay Byrne he was over rated the saying that was used in conjuction with LLS and used to promote that LLS was cutting edge was there was no sex in Ireland before the LLS yea right.There was alot of sexual abuse in Ireland during the time Gay Byrne was in charge of the LLS that was never covered only the populist issues were covered by Gay Byrne and the LLS

The problem with Pat Kenny really is that he cannot conduct a god interview

The problem with Pat Kenny is that he THINKS he is god! He's too concerned with his own image and impressing others to sit back and let the interviewee take the limelight. And OMG is the guy stiff. He only got where he is cos Gaybo groomed him......and Joe Duffy

I'd love to see Pat Kenny replaced by Craig Doyle. He's been great in every programme he's hosted IMHO.

Really? - I disagree that he is narcisistic. I think he's just really arrogant and doesn't even try to interesting, he just is himself and who cares if he's destroying the shows reputation.
The bit where he's on the phone is the worst. You'd think they'd have some music in the background or something, it's embarrassing! - But despite this I never thought Pat was a Big Head. (Tubridy thinks he's God!)

I imagine that there will be a few on AAM happy to hear Pat Kenny has just announced that he will stand down from the Late Late at the end of the season. I will be one of those for all the reasons cited above! I wonder who will replace him?

I imagine that there will be a few on AAM happy to hear Pat Kenny has just announced that he will stand down from the Late Late at the end of the season. I will be one of those for all the reasons cited above! I wonder who will replace him?

Are you sure - is it absolutely official? I hope so.

Mind you, his smug, patronising, aloof predecessor was churning out this same tale for years before he finally fecked off.

Who cares Habibi! Just let us savour the glad tidings.

Are you sure - is it absolutely official? I hope so.

Mind you, his smug, patronising, aloof predecessor was churning out this same tale for years before he finally fecked off.

Good thread resurrection, eggerb.

Caveat, I have to say I very much agree with what you say. I remember the night that Gay Byrne interviewed Annie Murphy (of Bishop Casey fame) and I still regard it as probably the lowest and highest simultaneous moment in Irish broadcasting. He went into the interview with an agenda and I remember how, in the middle of the interview, he told her that Bishop Casey was a great guy, to which she replied that she was a good person also. I'll never forget the moment. The only time I saw that smug git buried into his box!

Wonderful television.

Re: Late Late Show

Replace Pat the Plank? Any 2 by 4 should do the trick surely?

Just saw that Ray d'Arcy (sic) is in the running...

IMO, he's the best of the list (Ryan Tubridy, Gerry Ryan, Miriam O Callaghan and Blathnaid ni Chofaigh being the others mentioned).
He's bright, funny, serious when he needs to be...and young.
Tubridy and Ryan are walking egos, too interested in being liked rather than having a personality, Miriam has been alreay found out as a chat-show host and Blathnaid ? Well Wikipedia says it best...
She is most famous for whining and presenting shows such as The Afternoon Show