Kitty Litter

M

MissRibena

Bloody kitty litter! It is the bane of my life.

I use the "premium" clumping litter from Tesco but it is less than satisfactory on a number of levels. First of all I hate the idea of throwing the stuff in the bin from waste/environment and smell perspectives (and it makes the bags very heavy). I don't think it's biodegradeable so it'll probably be in landfill long after myself and the cat are wormfood. Secondly, I've read articles that say the dust (risen when he digs) will clump in his tummy and make him sick and I don't like the idea of that. Thirdly, tracking of the dust is a pain.

I have tried using soil from the garden, which is better in lots of ways but my garden isn't very small and would be full of kitty waste very quick and the tracking and kicking of it is a complete disaster.

I've tried searching the net for something that is flushable or buriable but less messy than soil without costing the earth but no joy. Vets around here have very little time for small animals and most people leave their cats outside (but the last one got killed on the road, so I'm not too keen on that idea).

Has anyone any experience or advice on this?

Rebecca

Back