Kitchen door replacement

Salvadore

Does anyone have a recommendation for companies that would replace kitchen cabinet doors?

The cabinets themselves are in very good condition but the doors, plinths etc are getting a little tired looking.

I’m in south Dublin.

Thanks in advance

The Panelling Centre supply doors and have lists of recommended fitters as far as I can recall.

I would think that a lot of kitchen suppliers can do doors only so worth checking that out.

As hazelgreen mentioned above places like Ikea AFAIK may have different to standard sizes.

I'm not a fan myself (because I feel they mark too easily) but have you considered painting the existing ones or getting a company to do so.

Could do with replacing one of my doors as well, have just replaced washing machine and the door is not sitting right and as this is my third washing machine so the door has been drilled three times for the hinges and magnets

But if the doors are just looking tired you could just get them spray painted to a colour of your choice
Did this two years ago for about €600 for 13 doors and 7 drawers
Just google "Kitchen door respray"

But if the doors are just looking tired you could just get them spray painted to a colour of your choice
Did this two years ago for about €600 for 13 doors and 7 drawers
Just google "Kitchen door respray"
Thanks for this but my doors have some sort of laminate overlay which has been pretty robust but which is now starting to peel and crack, particularly where the surface is close to the oven.

If it was possible to replace the laminate in some way, that might be an option.

If in Dublin, Noyeks has a good selection of doors at different price points. I am pretty sure they can also recommend fitters.

Thanks for this but my doors have some sort of laminate overlay which has been pretty robust but which is now starting to peel and crack, particularly where the surface is close to the oven.

If it was possible to replace the laminate in some way, that might be an option.
So did mine, Laminate was starting to separate from the doors
They just removed the laminate, prepped the door and sprayed
I had an issue with the guy that did mine, he only removed the laminate on the doors that had issues
and I was disappointed with this which is why I didn't give you a recommendation for him
but the doors that were done properly, I'm very happy with.

So did mine, Laminate was starting to separate from the doors
They just removed the laminate, prepped the door and sprayed
So removing the laminate completely and repainting is an option. Thanks for that.

Was there much difference in finish between the doors that had the laminate painted over and those that had the laminate removed? Which looked better?

So removing the laminate completely and repainting is an option. Thanks for that.

Was there much difference in finish between the doors that had the laminate painted over and those that had the laminate removed? Which looked better?
On the doors that the laminate was removed the is a slightly smoother finish compared to the doors that the laminate was left on
when standing in the kitchen you could not tell the difference between the doors, only if you went looking closely could you tell
For us it was an experiment to see if it was a option rather then replacing all the doors and I would guess saved us a lot of money
but we will have to replace a couple of doors in the future due to some of them now been warped or damaged like the washing machine door
but for a kitchen that's 25 years old, I still think it looks pretty good and would probably have a heart attack if I started to price a new one

Back