Kids playing in garden

My brother and my mother told off the neighbours kids for kicking a ball into our garden which was hitting our garage and for throwing stones into our garden. Their mother was straight round complaining. She since had a community garda come around to our house and accuse both my brother and mother of 'abusing' her kids. The community garda didn't want to hear our side of the story and told us to stay away from the neighbour and kids and not to speak to them. The community guard showed up at our door unannounced at 10pm last week.
Do we have any comeback on the lack of garda appointment/prior notification and on the neighbours false accusations of 'abuse'? Is this not slander, trespass on our property and harrassment?
Thanks for any opinions on this.

Beefs why don't you film the stone throwing etc to show the guards as proof of what was going on. I'd also go down to the station and make a complaint about how you were treated by the initial garda.

Thanks for the reply Bronte.
I'm wondering if we made a complaint against the guard at the garda station would it not annoy them! I'm worried this may rebound on us as they may come around and catch us out for some minor thing just because we spoke up or am I being paranoid!
Unfortunately, we didn't film or take photos of the kids (and parents) coming into our garden/kicking balls/throwing stones. They've stopped now but if they start again we have no comeback as we can't complain to the neighbours again as we've received the garda warning not to speak to them! The whole thing is a joke and taken to extremes by the neighbour complaining to the guards in the first place.

Thank god i live in the countryside.
When I was growing up ourselves and our neighbour didnt put up a fence between the two houses so both our front lawns join up to be one massive lawn. (everyone that comes who is not from the locality comments on it on how strange it is). Anyway, I have broken more windows, car windows, scratched cars, scratched visirots cars, and the neighbours children used to do the same with ours, mostly due to a stray sliotar or golf ball.
I thinks its all part of growing up and we never got inot too much trouble over it, we usually had to work off the debt of the broken window and face into the neighbours house and admit that you did it and that you were sorry.
Neighbours are still the best of friends

Had some similar problems in an estate a while back. Large groups of kids/teenagers playing football outside the house, kicking balls off cars and even sitting on top of the cars. Need to be careful here. I would advise against the use of a camcorder as I think this your friend could end up in more trouble here. I would definitly take notes and keep the guards informed, but I found that the police weren't really interested.
Name calling to this extent can be considered as assault so the police should take this a bit more seriously especially when the kids get older.

I ended up moving house not necessarily because of the hassle but it certainly was part of the decision.

Back