Key Post: Thunder thighs

Re: Thunder thighs.

A cross trainer doesn't really make all that much noise seeing as there is no impact of your body weight on anything.

No more noise than the whirr of an exercise bike anyway.

Dave

Bits n' Pieces.

Arrived today. Flatpack. Millions of bits to put together. At least Argos rang twice beforehand to say time of delivery. Good service. Now to put it together.

Low Impact

Why the assumption that low impact is the best? You need some medium/high impact exercise to build up your bone density and stave off osteoporosis - otherwise you'll end up fit and thin (hopefully!) but with crumbly bones in your old age.

Re: weight loss

I think the emphasis on Low impact here is due more to the fact that there are many many ways to get exercise that is high impact. I play footballl on astroturf 3 times a week and sometimes I can feel the pressure on my ankles and lower back. The treadmill in the gym only adds to that pressure for me. the cross trainer suits perfectly. Also its a lot cheaper than a treadmill.

And I think we are not neccessarily talking about people in their teens here. I'm a lot more worried about my knees and ankles than I am about my bone structure. :)

Re: Educate to lose weight

As a follow up to Curvacious D's post on the 'Testosterone advantage plan' I tried this for the last 11 weeks without sticking wholly to the rules (I refuse to give up my two nights drinking a week) and the results were very good. I lost 1.75 stone to date and found [broken link removed] site for nutritional info on food very good. I never could get a grasp on those figures and how they work. Best €17 I ever spent. For the record I'm still 1.25 stone overweight but its a start.

You can also download the full food data base from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, free of charge. If you're particulary fussy about how much ash an avocado has :D

I suppose it's time for me to point out how much of a good bargain

I am associated with the above site.

HI AnotherP - Is this not just a log of how you're doing with some kind of health plan or is there more ?

Elcato - I don't wish to hijack this thread with advertising.

Feel free to email ( [email protected]) with any questions and I'll be more than pleased to answer.

One year on

One year on and the machine is still fine. Hasn't helped the thighs though. It does sit proudly in a spare room and only used occasionally. Would I buy it again? Probably no.

Re: One year on

Ooooo I love a follow-up story :)

If you were thinking of selling, I'd be thinking of buying :)

Rebecca
Terms and conditions apply, E&OE, etc.

Re: One year on

Don't forget...'This does not affect your statutary rights'.

ab cruncher

I really think all those ab cruncher machines are just a gimmick and waste of money. There are a million different excercises youcan do your self for all sorts of excercising toning stretching etc without using any machine only a mat or carpet on the floor maybe a towel and a chair. Just build up repititions or add weights as you get fitter.

A really good website for showing you some of these is
ladies home journal on the web www.lhj.com

they have very good how to excercises and pilates and toning. If doing sit ups make sure you strengthen your lower back too.

Re: ab cruncher

Had a look at the site linked above and there is a bit of a startling claim there - "You too can lose up to 1300% body fat"

I don't know what happens if you lose 100% (that would be all of it) of your body fat, but losing 1300% has got to be bad.

z

Re: ab cruncher

You have to be 1500% overweight first and then you simply crunch the numbers :D

Re: Thunder thighs.

Well, Samantha Mumba does 10,000 situps every morning so they can't be too bad for you!!!

that is 3 a second for an hour..
gulp

Back