Key Post Key Post: Blinds.

Re: >>Blinds.

Hey Deniz,

Let me know how you get on with those blinds, might be interested in using that crowd myself.

To put it in context for me - how much would you have had to pay for equivalent blinds in a shop here?

The cheaper price that I found for venetian blinds here in Dublin was 700 E on the [broken link removed] . I am expecting my blinds to arrive at the end of the week,so I will let you know how I like the quality.So far their customer service was excellent and I am able to track the shipment online all the way.

Hay Oh Pinchy,

My shipment arrived yesterday straight to my door. The blinds are top quality! I highly recommend their service. Looking forward to fit them during the weekend.
Having saved with blinds going forward with my next project the kitchen.

Regards,

Deniz

Hi guys,

I am not sure how to upload pictures of blinds here. Can you help?

Cheers,
deniz

You will have to upload them to a web server or free image hosting server and then link to them from AAM. We don't support the uploading of images to our server. This Wikipedia article might be of interest to you.

If your struggling with uploading photos, feel free to email them to me ( shulgin1000 at yahoo.co.uk) and I will upload them somewhere and post the link here.

Aargh! I just tried to order up samples but they don't take visa/mastercard. You have to go through one of these intermediaries - in this case i think it was moneybrokers or was it moneybookers.com.

Don't like having to open up accounts with the likes of these - I'd be concerned that it takes away some of the protection the customer gets when paying via mastercard/visa (ie. if the goods dont show, they withhold payment).

<EDIT> Just got an email back saying that they will probably have cc facility in place within a couple of weeks - so will wait till then</EDIT>

Thank you Shulgin1000.
I will send you pictures from the blinds. They are silver metallic so it was difficult to take a picture because of the reflection.
We didn’t order a sample because we already saw the same colour in Arnotts and we liked it. They look fab and I have thrown away all the curtains. We have more light now and of course privacy whenever we want. Rooms look much bigger now.

About the payment, we paid with second option, with SWIFT system with BOI and there is no charge for it.

Thanks deniz. I've uploaded the photos [broken link removed].

I didnt come across a second payment option - but then maybe its to do with the fact that they are switching on cc payment in the next couple of weeks.

This is a good example of what can be sourced in a low cost economy instead of purchasing within the rip-off republic - without them being too heavy for the transport to absorb the savings.

I tried clickforblinds.com but sizes over 1700mm (67inch) have a higher delivery charge, so my quote was similar to others.

In the end I used Graham from Home Design who was highly recommended and I would second that. His quality was the best I had seen and he still came in around 15% cheaper than other quotes.

Also fitting was free and most importantly I was pleased with viewing the samples before buying.

You can get Graham @ 087/2581256 01/8574870

[email protected]

The blinds are venetians metal slats 25mm ,silver metallic colour.

Does anyone have any up-to-date advice on where to buy some roller or roman blinds - clickforblinds don't do either of these and most of the other stuff here is quite old?

Anyone have any recommendations of either online suppliers or actual shops (in Dublin), and rough ideas of what to pay for a standard bedroom window?

Thanks

We were happy with the deal and service that we got in Coffey's on Berkeley Road, Phibsboro, D7 a few months ago (5 x sidewinder roller blinds and 1 x kitchen venetian). Can't remember the price offhand but it seemed reasonable. They seem to do a full range of blinds, curtains, poles etc.

had valueblinds around as recommened on this thread to measure up for 50mm Wooden Venetian on our 3 bedroom semi.

950 Euros all in - Paid deposit 10% and due back in week - 10 days to do install

I will let everyone know the result

Neonitrix

We got Old Bawn blinds to price us for 2 6ft roller blinds and a 4ft roller blind (2 blackouts, 1 linen) - it came to 325euro which was similar to what was available online in the sites mentioned here.

In the end we went to HomeStore & More and got 3 blinds almost identical to those we say in Old Bawn for 148euros. No noticeable difference in quality to my untrained eye, roller bar is metal not cheapo cardboard like out of Family Album. I don't foresee any major hassle in cutting them to size and fitting them and finally bring one aspect of our renovation project in under budget :)

Has anyone used Thomas Sanderson blinds? One entire gable end of my house is glass and there are also other windows/glass doors in the room - I got a quote for Sanderson, it is expensive but they seem great quality and appear to give v good customer service. The blinds are pleated, sun reflective material and fit v neatly on to the window - ie you dont really notice them. I need bespoke blinds due to unsual sizes - Is there any other company with a similar product ( in south Wexford) or has anyone comments on Sanderson?

Hi,

I read comments from this site and bought samples from www.clickforblinds.com for metal venetians. They arrived promtly and were of great quality. I priced around Dublin and couldn't find anything to match their prices. Ordered blinds from them - the price of the sample (about €5.50 was taken off the total). Blinds arrived within 2 weeks and were the easiest thing to put up. Only thing was I needed to get bigger screws than the ones they had sent. The total cost was €200 for 3 made to measure and 2 small side window blinds. Other qoutes i had received in Dublin were €600 and over for the exact same order. I would highly recommend this company. They mail you constantly to advise what place in the process your order is at .. Their prices are the extreme of competitive and it was so simple to put these up. One piece of advice is to measure and re-measure taking into account that blinds may have to be placed out from the window depending on window locks/drill size etc (if you have a bay window) then re-measure again .. they give loads of advice on the site. Cannot recommend enough ..

I was wondering would any one have suggestions what to put in a sun room...two of the walls are windows with french doors. what type would you go for as one side is 18 feet long...roller/roman/vertical??
Thanks and a merry christmas

Back