key for bank night safe?

markowitzman

Am considering approaching local bank for night safe facility?
What are the charges for this?
Thanks

thanks Clubman.
Spate of home robberies here so feel safer using night safe.
Feel happier doing this than underfloor safe in house.
In fact I feel like keeping night safe wallet at home to show intruder if God forbid we were broken into!
Would be a small fry when it comes to deposits and having cash at home but robbers do not know that.
Any views? Any tips on using night safe etc?

Here in the vicinity/neighbourhood or in your house!!?

All I can think of in the way of advice if you are regularly taking cash/valuables from work on the way home (via night safe?) would be to vary your route and be alert but don't get too paranoid.

Here in the vicinity/neighbourhood or in your house!!?
robber in my house is my wife and her credit card!!.......
seriously in neighbouhood spate of house safes drilled out of walls, floors etc.
Local guard told me 350k in one safe taken so the era of the house safe may be going?

Are you talking about the takings from a business/self employment here? In your case and that of the robberies?

Yes local small businessman. In my case self employed and business takings. Bank is literally accross the road so I feel I have been too lax on this and that night safe is the best bet.

Maybe discuss it with your accountant and/or bank (allowing for the fact that banks are seldom arbiters of independent, professional advice but in this case it may be appropriate)?

Bank Of Ireland charge €30.98 twice yearly for the night safe facility. I find it extremely useful, as when using it in conjunction with online banking it means I rarely visit the Bank during working hours.

Its a good idea to ask for a couple of night safe bags(same fee) as it means if you forget to collect one from them you can still use the facility.

Back