Keano Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasconius

Is it a surprise ! Another Kevin Keegan jumping ship.

Great players rarely make managers.

Only player I can think of is Der Kaiser Franz

Did he fall or was he pushed? Voluntarily jumped off as far as I can tell.

To "throw in the towel" is more damaging in soccer than to be sacked - all this navel gazing at the weekend and wondering if he was the right man, it damages his managerial prospects in the longer term, it paints him as a bit of a jibber. Better to have fought until the last rather than run away.

A lot of UK football journalists will be lamenting his departure.

His Friday afternoon press conferences usually gave them enough material for loads of lazy copy and let them get to the pub earlier.

The media world was a brighter places for his 'shoot from the lip' observations.

So ends the Sunder-Ireland experiment to try and colonise even more Irish fans.

Delighted he is gone.

When the going gets tough.................

£70 million spent on players and they are still in the drop zone. Mick McCarthy could have achieved that for half the price

Lets see, won the championship in year one, remained in premiership in year two and 3 points from top half when he leaves in year three. Even if you don't think he has done well as a manager he is 37 so a little young to be writing off.

When the going gets tough.................

£70 million spent on players and they are still in the drop zone. Mick McCarthy could have achieved that for half the price

Ya bring back McCarthy and see can he set a new record for the lowest points total for a prem team.

When the going gets tough, Keano gets going - Saipan, now Sunderland.

Would you not consider the qualifiers to be when the going gets tough, if so i agree with you keano got going and got us there.

I'm a fan but I think he shortchanged himself, maybe he's not cut out for it (and none of us would have said people skills were his thing - but they're probably not Fergies thing either so...).

It's dented the legend a bit which will delight some people, but I'm more dissappointed that he's done future prospects damage. You could cite Keegan as the "its never too late" example but he was being brought into city who were struggling a bit, and Newcastle where he is/was a hero.

Basically Keegan made himself a 2nd rank manager, Roy will now struggle hard to be anything other than that, and if he's to be believed then he doesnt do 2nd best, so what are his options?? ..... the Ireland job ... boom boom !!

What are the odds of him being replaced by Jeff Kenna?

What he did in Galway, considering the circumstances, is a miracle.

Incidentally, der Kaiser could have declared for Ireland! No joke. His father was in some sort of embassy job here in Dublin. Holles St (I believe) was where he presented himself.

I think Roy got back at Quinn for what happened in Saipan, some of his signing suggests that in my opinion.Keane wins in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back