Just moved back to Dublin - where to buy?

I found a couple of estates in and around Stillorgan / Dundrum. Anyone know about or live in Lakelands estate and Stillorgan Heath in Stillorgan or Weston / Sweetmount Ave in Dundrum. Lakelands and the area in Dundrum look like its quite old, not many kids but Stillorgan Heath does look quite young, although this is more expensive. Any advice on these two? Thanks.

I grew up beside Lakelands, nice estate for kids(safe plus a couple of greens) but yes it is quite old and run down now.

Personally I would stick with Rathfarnham if feasible.

Do a search on www.daft.com . Use a price range of 700k to 800k keeping in mind you will almost certainly negotiate a 10% discount in this climate.

Keep in mind also that commute time will increase dramatically come Sept so if that's a big factor don't make any decisions till then.

Hi All - just wanted to say thanks a mil for your feedback, provided plenty food for thought.. much appreciated.

Hi - I have just moved back to Dublin after 5 years living outside Ireland. I can't decide where a good place on the south side of Dublin would be to buy for a new family.....

Why exclude the northside? Unless you are working in Bray of course.

Thats exactly it.. majority of family live on the southside. My father lives on the Northside, but lets face it, he is not going to be volunteering his services if I'm late at work and the kids need to be picked up..! As we both work we need to have a fall back plan, need to be near the in-laws, hence southside.

Back