Jobseekers Allowance 20 euro weekly is it possible?

Olga87

Hello everyone. It is my first time here. I am trying to get some proper information. I applied for Jobseekers Allowance first time. I brought all the document and after my holidays I got a letter with my deciosion.
My weekly rate 21.70Euro. How is that possible?? The payment depends on something ot it is a steady rate like I saw on website. I am 31 years old and have no kids. I worked 1 year and 6 months.
Should I go to the Citizen Information again???

Jobseekers allowance is a mean tested payment so you must have put down that you have some means when you filled out the form. The first €20,000 of capital is disregarded and your own home is not included. You should ask the citizens information to get it checked and you can appeal the decision if you feel there was an error.

Thank You so much for Your answer. Unfortunately there is a information that I can claim any miastkes but before 20/09/2019. I hope so I will try to fix it after this date.

Job seeker Allowance is means tested so not based on your employment record. If you are living with a partner their income comes into the calculation and so would reduce your allowance .

Yes I am aware of that. But my husband's incomes are not really high like You can think. I am really dissapointed of this amount. What kind of help is that like 20euro??:./

Go back and ask them why it is so low ? It may be a mis-calculation or that the question on the form stated weekly rather than monthly. SW are quite helpful these days. Don't be afraid to ask why it is low.

thanks SO much all of YOu. I am going there tomorrow. My husband tried to analyze his payslip today and he discover that is different amount net income on his paylisp and different that they gave me on documents. We will se tomorrow.

Back