Jobseeker allowance - advice needed about qualifying.

sasuki89

Hello my wife was apply for jobseeker allowance when was unemployed , we wait for one month without answerr untill she got a new job , they told her that she doesnt now need the allowance because she start working , but her salary is just 2050€ / monthly , we pay rent for 1200€/month , bills 150€ , and im not employe yet because im still waiting my residence card so i can work legaly , are we eligible to receive allowance from state in this case ? Thanks

Sorry- no JA money for your wife. She is well above the income limits.
You may might try your community welfare officer to get some supplementary allowance to help you over your current difficulties.

Sorry- no JA money for your wife. She is well above the income limits.
You may might try your community welfare officer to get some supplementary allowance to help you over your current difficulties.
2050€ monthly befor tax is above the income limit ! Hhhh i can't imagine how can family with 2 membres live with 500€ ( after rent , bills , prsi usc ) ‍♂️

Hello my wife was apply for jobseeker allowance when was unemployed , we wait for one month without answerr untill she got a new job , they told her that she doesnt now need the allowance because she start working , but her salary is just 2050€ / monthly , we pay rent for 1200€/month , bills 150€ , and im not employe yet because im still waiting my residence card so i can work legaly , are we eligible to receive allowance from state in this case ? Thanks

"they told her that she doesn't now need allowance because she start working."

Did they explain why she wasn't due the allowance during the period when she wasn't at work?

"they told her that she doesn't now need allowance because she start working."

Did they explain why she wasn't due the allowance during the period when she wasn't at work?
They take more than month for reply after we start our calim with no answer untill she get new job

They take more than month for reply after we start our calim with no answer untill she get new job
I think it is 6 weeks waiting time for JA at the moment. You cannot expect SW to jump when you snap with your finger. Your wife is just one of many in a queue.

I didnm't ask you how long it took, I asked you what they said about paying her JA during the period when she wasn't working.

Back