Jan hols in the Canaries please advise!

C

cara mck

Looking for reasonable winter sun, and thinking of the Canaries, but believe it or not have never been.

Looking for relaxation and nothing too tacky if possible,

Was told Lanzarote was the better choice, any advice and which resorts.

All help appreciated.

Judith Chalmers
(Cara Mc K)

Hi Cara (Judith - surely with your travels you could tell us about winter sun! :) ),

Welcome to AAM. Hope we can help with your hol.

Would not recommend Gran Canaria at all especially Playa del Ingles.

Have heard Lanzarote is very nice and would like to try Los Fariones in Puerto del Carmen myself but understand that they might need to be booked possibly a year in advance.

These especially and might be helpful.

Canaries in January are a great idea there are usually excellent bargains from about the 8th of January on
Use these sites to check for bargains
[broken link removed]
www.holidaysonline.ie/
www.cheapholidaydeals.co.uk/

Recommendation los fariones is expensive but well-liked sometimes you see a reduced price for it -

I would recommend keep an eye out for deals and then check the accomodation in the holiday review sites given in the last post
The weather is usally nice -not blistering hot but was swimming last january and loads of great meals by the waters edge
We went to lanzarote and stayed in Costa teguise really quiet no real atmosphere but I just wanted a bit of sun and good food and got that -
Puerto del Carmen is livelier more shopping and defintely tackier but I thought teguise was a nicer resort . We got accomodation on arrival and have to say it was the nicest apartment i have ever got on a package holiday

Reply from Cara Mc K

Dear Bleary1,

What was the name of the apartments you stayed in, as if there were nice I might go for them.

thanks, Cara Mc K
(wish I really was Judith Chalmers!)

We were there a few years ago and stayed in the Morana Apartments in PDC. they were in a great location between the new and old town and about 50 metres from the beach.

they are very popular with Irish tourists

We found the old town much nicer and relaxed with some great places to eat.

Stayed in Teguise Golf -We just got a lovely clean bright apartment 2 nice sized bedrooms and a massive balcony to sit out overlooking the pool. It was a bit of a walk from Teguise centre but a bus ran down every hour -were expecting a studio with us all crammed in together like a student bed sit but very happy and only paid 220 euro from what i remember

Back