Key Post Issues to consider if appealing Compensation for Tracker Mortgage

@Mark2018 You are not alone. Check this thread out for more in the same boat although they have received the first part of payment. I suggest you take any further correspondance to that thread as it's slightly off topic for the heading of this thread.

Late to this but I'm in a PIA, however the bank also got my house in 2016. Sent in a variation on the PIA in Jan and that was refused, got the tracker redress letter in March and now the bank have offered a hush deal (which I have to pay for) to make the PIA go away as long as I don't appeal. So do I ignore the deal and appeal and run the risk of the full weight of AIB vs me, or do I take the deal and wonder 'what if'?
PIP sees it as a win for him obviously, solicitor isn't too sure.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Myself and my husband have received our redress also but I carried on with the issue with the ombudsman on the grounds of my medical condition. That being haemoplegic migraine due to stress from what we had to go through to pay our mortgage with AIB. I had a letter from my GP and my Consultant. I'm awaiting a reply from the bank. I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone through similar please?

Back