ISEQ ETF on NYSE?

bgengine

Does anyone know if the ISEq ETF can be bought on other Stock exchanges ( NYSE ?) besides the ISEQ ?

thanks

Re: ISEQ ETF on NYSE /

Thanks Woodseb - do you know if there are any similiar ETFs trading on the NYSE that give similiar exposure to Irish Stocks as the ISEQ ETF?

thanks again

Re: ISEQ ETF on NYSE /

If you buy such an ETF, would this not unnecessarily expose you to currency risk (assuming you are in Ireland) ?

If it were possible to buy the ISEQ ETF in the USA, you would not be exposing yourself to currency risks as the underlying assets would be in Euro.

However, you would be incurring currency translation charges which would be rather pointless.

Brendan

Thanks Charttrader, I'll check that out the New Ireland Fund (IRL).

JRWeing, I already have funds in dollars ... and am thinking of using some of these to get exposure to the 'nicely performing' Irish market. As regards the Currency risk - I don't plan on converting back to Euros for a while and am hoping the dollar may have strengthened against the Euro by then - which I think in turn would give me a better overall return for my funds as apposed to buying them in Euros now. - any thoughts on this ?

As regards the Currency risk - I don't plan on converting back to Euros for a while and am hoping the dollar may have strengthened against the Euro by then - which I think in turn would give me a better overall return for my funds as apposed to buying them in Euros now. - any thoughts on this ?

Er, you are buying euro-denominated assets in dollars - as the dollar rises against the euro, the dollar value of those assets will fall, all things being equal

markjbloggs - I obviously havn't got the right understanding of this
thanks for your post,

Are you saying - take for example, if the dollar were to become parity with the euro in the future - we should expect a similiar % shift (drop) in asset values of the ISE companies (Euro dominated assets)? - Not being smart - I just don't understand.

Example:
If I buy 1 share of say, AIB now in dollars ( Currency rate = 1 to 1.35) and, if in one years time the AIB share is worth the same value ( no increase in share prise) - but the dollar is now worth say rate = 1 to 1.20.

If I sell after the year and convert back to Euros - have I not made more after I convert back to Euros than buying the Share origionally in Euros )?

Am I missing something ?

thanks

Back