Is this a normal esb bill?

I just checked my meter and my clock is set 1 hour out on the night time units, so instead of 11-8am I getting 10am - 7am this would be fine except I set my heat pump to really kick in 7-8am to warm up the house for the day, we also have to use emersion for hot water which I have timed to come on 1 hour every morning yep from 7-8am so the last 3 years i have had a lot of usage through that period..

My energy supplier will send some one to fix the meter then will credit my account after that..? but with what how will they determin the usage for that 3 year period?

my units usage 11452 units last year 1000sqft new build
we have electric cooking
ground source heat pump
emersion
electric shower
well with pump for water
pump for our own sewage

NO GAS OR OIL

seems like a lot to me.. we paid €1780 in bills last year.

When the clocks go forward in March you'll be on 11-8.This is one of the pitfalls,I thought it was explained in the blurb before you sign up to night rate.

no im out by an extra hour so summer time is 12-9 winter 11-8.. im an extra hour out

This may be an option for some.
Lucht combination radiators

I put 3 of these into office (200sq ft - 1) & showrooms (900 sq ft - 2) on 2nd Jan after seeing the mid Oct - Mid Dec bill of almost €1000 (loads of showroom lights & heat on 10 hours a day) Bill to mid feb dropped down to just over €700 (closed 3 days xmas was only difference).

They work a similar way to storage heater but with ceramic pads rather than bricks. They use power for 20 - 25 minutes each hour but give out heat for the full hour. They also give out a greater heat value than the electricity they use.

They're not cheap - €450 - €700 depending on size, but if the heat is on for a few hours a day, it may be worth while.

Back