Is My PC dead?

Thanks for all the help. I got it fixed last night! It wasn't the ram. Some pins were bent alright, and I straightened them. But I couldn't re-attach the processor with the heat sink attached to it. So I removed the processor from the heat sink using floss, cleaned off the old thermal paste, re-attached the processor to the motherboard, applied new thermal grease, put back on the heat sink and away it went!
So it turns out it is quite hard to break a PC after all :)

Thanks for all the help. I got it fixed last night! It wasn't the ram. Some pins were bent alright, and I straightened them. But I couldn't re-attach the processor with the heat sink attached to it. So I removed the processor from the heat sink using floss, cleaned off the old thermal paste, re-attached the processor to the motherboard, applied new thermal grease, put back on the heat sink and away it went!
So it turns out it is quite hard to break a PC after all :)
Damn - I should've named my price! :mad:
Yeah - but the original poster reefed the CPU out and then seemingly just jammed it back in again! :eek: My money's on the CPU, socket and/or motherboard being physically damaged.

anyone got an old dell dimension 5150 they dont want,my power supply is blown and if i can get an old one i could fix it.thanks.

Back