Is it possible to get Radio 4 in Dublin?

If you have a Phillips TV purchased c. 1995-2002, most models have a radio built in, and is ideal for NTL. Mine is tuned to all of the following as part of the NTL basic channel, plus all of the local channels (Newstalk, 98fm, etc) which come through NTL although not mentioned as part of the package.

Radio Station FM Frequency
RTE Radio 1 89.4
RTE Radio 2 FM 91.7
Radio na Gaeltachta 93.9
RTE Lyric FM 97.5
Dublin's 98FM 99.0
Dublin's FM104 104.6
100-102 Today FM 100.6
97-99FM BBC RADIO 1 99.7
BBC RADIO 2 90.1
BBC RADIO 3 92.3
BBC RADIO 4 FM 96.35
BBC RADIO 5 LIVE 95.1
BBC World Service 97.1
Classic FM 101.9
BBC RADIO Ulster 94.5
Deutsche Welle 101.1
WRN World Radio Network 102.7

I listen to it most nights on LW (I'm in South Dublin) on a cheap Roberts radio- reception can of course vary but its generally good enough..also listen to it in Wicklow and the reception's noticeably better..

The BBC & other radio stations are also available on the Lidl free to air Satelite systems, but as you have cable you may not want to go to the bother of installing a sat dish.
The Sat has LW and FM and also the local BBC radio stations.

From Dublin you could with a decent FM radio and an outside VHF antenna pick it up on FM, if you can;t get it on the NTL.

Don't bother trying LW on a radio in a shop, the flourescent lights and PCs etc generate a lot of noise.
best of luck

Just an update on this. I rang NTL who sent somebody around. They provided the cable free of charge and I now have all the stations including Radio 4. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Back