Is evidence of your PPS number a requirement when opening an account?

That’s where your assumptions falls down though - you say it’s not disclosed to anyone that it shouldn’t. I work in an industry where personal data is needed on a daily basis and I have seen multiple occasions even post GDPR, where I ask for one thing - and the person sending just gives me a dump of information 99% of which I don’t need and about 90% of which if people knew it was being handed out they wouldn’t be happy.
It's all very well for you to make that claim. But you didn't back it up. A concrete example would be helpfu, and there is no need for you to reveal your industry.

As for getting too much information, I sent off HAP forms and proofs the other day, the lady in the office couldn't believe I could be so efficient at sending her what she needed (I'd already been thru it you see). But I find most of the time they get the wrong information is because civil servants etc lay out forms way too complicated and then blame the entire population for supplying the wrong information because we are idiots.

It's all very well for you to make that claim. But you didn't back it up. A concrete example would be helpfu, and there is no need for you to reveal your industry.

As for getting too much information, I sent off HAP forms and proofs the other day, the lady in the office couldn't believe I could be so efficient at sending her what she needed (I'd already been thru it you see). But I find most of the time they get the wrong information is because civil servants etc lay out forms way too complicated and then blame the entire population for supplying the wrong information because we are idiots.

So for what I was doing I requested the salaries of one section of workforce - maybe 100 people - what I got was a dump of files for about 1100 employees - names/salaries over 3 years/marital status addresses/PPS next of kin information. I went back to the person who sent it to me and said that i only need one section to which they replied - their systems can’t split by section and can I not just filter the information myself.

When they tightened up security due to the Central bank for the online stuff in the last month or so I called telephone banking for two new card reader as I couldn't find ours.
I don't have "cards". I call in to my Ulster Bank once a month and do a few counter transactions. My local Credit Union is my ATM service.
Any how I needed to transfer about €200 to a bank account overseas to secure a rental apartment for next summer. My Ulster Bank triumphantly told me that I had to have a card to do this transaction. I am not sure why as I just access my account at the counter by providing the cashier with my account number. After telling me that they couldn't do the transaction they looked at the balance in my current account and decide that they could in fact do the transaction without a card.
To stop future hassle we ordered two cards. I now have two cards with pin numbers that I will forget and I also have to find somewhere secure in the house to store these.

Back