Is everyone on AAM loaded?

Married well , no I jest! Buying a 500K house does'nt make one wealthy, it just means the bank lending criteria is lax! I would have been 29 before I was finished with the travelling, at that stage I had no capital at all. I also had an advantage in that i am very well qualified (this contributed to my being a skint 26yo), also all my 'life experiences' were also gained with an eye towards my future career, in otherwords, I may have been away travelling and blowing my meagre earnings, but the work was always going to stand me in good stead for any future employers - oh and as I mentioned above, the wife has a good income too. Fairplay to Kazbah, btw, as someone else said, not many 26yo's have anything like that.

If you want a more general comparison, theres a [broken link removed] on the AIB website.
Dunno how truthful/ useful it is but apparently I'm not doing too badly

That calculator doesn't work for me in FireFox 1.5.0.1 or Internet Explorer 6. It just requests age group, gross annual and net monthly income details and does nothing.

Update: Oh - it looks like you may need to force a refresh (Ctrl + F5) to get the buttons that control the calculator to display.

I certainly don't feel as well off as I'm supposed to be after using that calculator. Plus, it's obvious I'm worth far more dead than alive. Sigh.

That calculator gives me a score of 113 (4 times above average for my age group) or 186 if I include the life insurance.

Better not tell the relatives.

GeneralZod said:
That calculator gives me a score of 113 (4 times above average for my age group) or 186 if I include the life insurance.

Better not tell the relatives.

My score is 257, jusdt over 10 times the average for my age...and I'm in the pub 3 nights a week!

Regardless, they'd probably be interested in offering you a 100% mortgage/'equity release' product. Resist the temptation, and buy their shares instead...