Is everyone on AAM loaded?

Glenbhoy...i hope you don't mind me asking this...but on another thread you're talking about buying a 500,000 house. do you mind me asking when did you change from the skint 26 year old,to someone who can finance a 500K mortgage. I'm trying to gauge how long someone can 'piss about' enjoying themselves, getting some life experience before they have to get back to the real world.
Married well;) , no I jest! Buying a 500K house does'nt make one wealthy, it just means the bank lending criteria is lax! I would have been 29 before I was finished with the travelling, at that stage I had no capital at all. I also had an advantage in that i am very well qualified (this contributed to my being a skint 26yo), also all my 'life experiences' were also gained with an eye towards my future career, in otherwords, I may have been away travelling and blowing my meagre earnings, but the work was always going to stand me in good stead for any future employers - oh and as I mentioned above, the wife has a good income too. Fairplay to Kazbah, btw, as someone else said, not many 26yo's have anything like that.

If you want a more general comparison, theres a [broken link removed] on the AIB website.
Dunno how truthful/ useful it is but apparently I'm not doing too badly :D

That calculator doesn't work for me in FireFox 1.5.0.1 or Internet Explorer 6. It just requests age group, gross annual and net monthly income details and does nothing.

Update: Oh - it looks like you may need to force a refresh (Ctrl + F5) to get the buttons that control the calculator to display.

I certainly don't feel as well off as I'm supposed to be after using that calculator. Plus, it's obvious I'm worth far more dead than alive. Sigh.

That calculator gives me a score of 113 (4 times above average for my age group) or 186 if I include the life insurance.

Better not tell the relatives.

GeneralZod said:
That calculator gives me a score of 113 (4 times above average for my age group) or 186 if I include the life insurance.

Better not tell the relatives.

My score is 257, jusdt over 10 times the average for my age...and I'm in the pub 3 nights a week!

Regardless, they'd probably be interested in offering you a 100% mortgage/'equity release' product. Resist the temptation, and buy their shares instead... ;)

Back