Key Post Investment in Irish Forestry Funds

Hi All
Both my kids were bought shares in this by their grandmother. The cheque was sent but was not cashed in time. I have been onto Irish forestry and asked for reissue. Told to contact liquidator. Eventually got passed to a guy called Paul Brosnan who told me that the address on the website was the only way to contact Alan FitzPatrick. Him and mchugh were the named ex directors of the fund when I looked deeper. Over 4 months ago now. Still no response from liquidator despite registered letter which was returned and then a standard letter. Just read the thread and it seems like a complete heist overall. €200 for a cheque reissue? Why would this be? Any advice welcome. Thanks.
Hi Just wondering if you had any joy with this? My mother had 3 forestry investments and replacement cheques were for 14k less than originals. The liquidator replied referencing a €200 per share admin fee. I work in financial services and have never seen a charge of this quantum for any kind of similar administrative task.

Hi Seaniem,
I'm in the same position and I'm not sure what to do either. I wonder if we will ever get our money!
Were the two letters returned unopened?
Hi Buddahman, did you have any joy here? See my post from yesterday at the end of the thread

There is a chance of retrieving monies if the court case is successful, maybe you are members of that group already. Probably only way to see any funds....

Hi, four members of my family had shares in 5th, 6th and 11th.
We were registered at different postal addresses but none of us received a cheque.
Is anyone else in this situation?
Thanks

Hi Andrew
I haven’t even got a response from this liquidator at this stage. It’s over 7 months ago. I had sent both registered and unregistered letters. So no I haven’t even been offered the €200 reissue option. I’ve reported him to the ODCE - filling out a complaint form typically for failing to carry out his duty to shareholders. That’s aside from the professionalism issue and indeed the extortion regarding the €200 reissue fee. Also see that some were offered reissued cheques < original value. I’ve got the usual robotic /formula response from the ODCE - initially that they didn’t see company law issue here etc. I told them plainly they were supposed to be the regulator for this profession and resent complaint for insisting they take action...I’ll keep hounding them.

Hi,
A lot of Investors who did not cash their cheques on time are bieng charged €200 PER SHARE!!!!!, Total rip off, Our High Court case is proceeding and we have our date,
All information is available to members of Irish Forestry Action Association Ltd
Hi. I mislaid a cheque for about 2500 which was for two shares. Liquidator wanted to deduct 400 euro to re issue a cheque. I have a complaint with ODCE and was thinking of taking a case against him until I came across this. How do I get in touch to find out about joining the court case?

Hi. I mislaid a cheque for about 2500 which was for two shares. Liquidator wanted to deduct 400 euro to re issue a cheque. I have a complaint with ODCE and was thinking of taking a case against him until I came across this. How do I get in touch to find out about joining the court case?

just message him ..

Our case is in the High Court on 16th March,
All 18 forestry investments are included ,The case of the €200 per share is down for mention,
A total disgrace,
Regards,
Lar Sheeran

Hi Andrew
I haven’t even got a response from this liquidator at this stage. It’s over 7 months ago. I had sent both registered and unregistered letters. So no I haven’t even been offered the €200 reissue option. I’ve reported him to the ODCE - filling out a complaint form typically for failing to carry out his duty to shareholders. That’s aside from the professionalism issue and indeed the extortion regarding the €200 reissue fee. Also see that some were offered reissued cheques < original value. I’ve got the usual robotic /formula response from the ODCE - initially that they didn’t see company law issue here etc. I told them plainly they were supposed to be the regulator for this profession and resent complaint for insisting they take action...I’ll keep hounding them.
Better to join the 600 who are taking the High Court case on 16th March, Lar Sheeran

We were registered at different postal addresses but none of us received a cheque.
Thanks

Thanks
A lot of investors did not get their cheques, You are wasting your time chasing the liquidator, Join the fight, Irish Forestry Action Association

Back