Investing in stock market advice required

DiStefano

I have recently received a small windfall (approx €25k) and would like to invest part or all of in the stock market. However I have no knowledge of this area and would be grateful for any advice offered.

Is there an online service available to purchase stocks?

Are you sure that equities are the most appropriate investment option for you right now?
Do you have any debts that you might be better off paying off or reducing first?
Have you read the key topics and in pariticular the AAM and IFSRA guides to savings & investments?

The first thing you should do is invest some money on educating yourself re the stock market. Don't rush in...

thanks clubman. Apologies for not getting back sooner, I was away on a break in Galway for the last week.

I am very lucky in that I don't have a mortgage. I have one debt o/s a small loan for €5k but other than that I feel I'm not doing enough with my savings.

I'm not a big risk taker by nature but I feel I need to change my fence sitting habit to try to realise more value for my money.

Loan interest rate is 7.56% APR. I agree the first thing to be done is pay off the loan but is there anything worth while I could invest in with the remaining funds? I also have approx €20k SSIA money on top of €25k.

Back