Invalidity pension form.

horse7

Part 2 of the invalidity pension form requires information on any private pension that is received by the applicant. Why is this. Would it go against the applicant being granted an invalidity pension. I understand that this is not a means tested pension,yet the amount of pension is requested.

Invalidity pension is not means tested for the applicant but there rules for spouse and dependants if you wish to claim an allowance for them:
Welfare.ie
Invalidity Pension is a Pension paid to people who are permanently incapable of work because of illness or disability. It is based on a claimant's social insurance contributions and the personal rate of payment is not means tested.
Invalidity Pension is made up of a personal rate for the claimant and increases are payable for qualified adults and children. The increase for a child dependant is payable up to age 22 for a child who is receiving full-time education by day at a recognised school or college.
Note: From July 2012 new applicants spouse's/partner's earnings must be €400 or less in order to qualify for a half-rate child increase.

Thank you, i am not claiming for a spouse or dependant,but cant understand why details of my pension are required.

Back