Internet Speed

Have you considered using something like a TP Link Powerline adapter? We use this for our PS4 network connectivity and find it much more reliable than WIFI.

I have both, and while I frequently set it to the 5 Ghz, it defaults back to the 2.4 Ghz after a while

5 Ghz is better for higher speeds over short distances, 2.4Ghz is more stable with lower speeds over longer distances.
If the base speed is quite stable and without jitter at say 10Mbs then 2.4Ghz is better for streaming.

i think you are confusing viruses with ads

And that's a myth too! Back in the day when there was fewer of them about, and particularly in the corporate world hackers go after, there was little to motivate the development of malware for the platform, but that's no longer the case.

Yes I am using WiFi but plugging directly into the box is not realistic, its in the utility room.

You're not testing the speed of the connection then, you are testing the wifi. Which has a hundred variables.

Get a long cable or a powerline adapter. You'll always need it, to troubleshoot the Wifi.

Back