interest paid in dec on my b/i savings

LindaG

I notice that I got interest on 19/12 on my bank of ireland savings account. Does anyone know if this is a new feature? I have only ever got interest in March on their standard savings account.

may I ask what type of account it was? I have a regular saver type bonus account - this has, in the past, paid interest at the end of March, it would be a pleasent suprise if there was interest paid out in Dec!

My savings account is the "bog" standard savings account with less than 1% interest rate. I just use it for "dipping in" over the year.

I noticed this earlier on my account and I asked a girl who worked in B/I and she was not aware that interest had been credited to deposits accounts! I have two deposit account and both got interest on the 19th Dec.

I have the BOI 7% regular saver and a 3 month fixed term account and both were credited with interest in dec also. Was a nice surprise! Is the interest on the fixed term compounded til the end of term- 6 weeks left on it?

Unlikely I suppose but perhaps BOI decided to pay out early so customers could pay the 20% dirt rate on 08 interest, instead of the 23% rate that'll apply for this year.

Back