Independent Financial Advisors in Dublin.

B

biggerry

Anybody know of any Independent Financial Advisors in Dublin or where I could get a list of these.

The IFSRA site is still under construction, so this doesn't list these yet.

IFSRA will send you a list of authorised advisors and/or multi-agency intermediaries on request. They don't have it on their website at the moment. Ideally choose on that works on a flat fee and perhaps nil-commission basis in order to get the best deal on charges.

Hi Big Gerry

We are considering inviting Authorised Advisors to publish information about themselves on Askaboutmoney as the information doesn't seem to exist anywhere and it is often asked for.

Brendan

Independent Financial Advisors in Dublin

Hi Brendan,

I mailed IFSRA @ 12:50 p.m. on Wednesday and got a reply @ 15:43 p.m. That's what I call service!!

I think it's a great idea to have some Authorised Advisors to publish information about themselves.

Independent Financial Advisors in Ireland

AAs publishing info about themselves! What will you give them a 15 or a 30 second slot?

I suggest you don't even consider compiling such a list.

The public do require information such as a list of fee based advisors.

Giving them a list of AAs isn't going to satisfy that need.

You have to understand that a fee based AA thinks differently to an AA. (all AAs can work on a fee basis but in my books that's not the same as a fee based intermediary). This subtle difference is crucial.

Let AAM apply necessary pressure to IFSRA so that they make provision of such a list one of their 'high level goals'.

Re: Independent Financial Advisors in Ireland

Hi Su

That's way too subtle for me, I am afraid.

We are sending a one page sheet to AAs looking for basic information - qualifications, approach, fees etc. The replies will be published on AAM. All it will do is give the users of AAM a bit more information than is in the list provided by IFSRA/Central Bank.

Brendan

Brendans List

Ahh Bren your only winding me up with all that humour. OK I'll bite just a little...

Would you personally take responsibility for the accuracy of such a list?

Back