Incorrect Class of PRSI contribution

Borderfox

I am a PAYE employee. I'm currently on sick leave from work and will not be in a position to return to work for a couple of months. I have just discovered that I have been paying the incorrect class of PRSI contributions for the past three years '04, '05 and '06. Prior to 2004, I use to pay PRSI Class A1 contributions but for some reason, I have been paying Class C1 contributions for the past three years.

Info from the Dept of Social and Family Affairs Website states that :
Only PRSI paid in classes A, E, H and P count towards Illness Benefit.

Am I entitled to Illness Benefit from the Social Welfare Dept even though my Employer has been correctly paying the Employer contribution towards PRSI ?

class c1 contribution only should be paid by army personal. You are not entitled to Illness Benefit. your not entitled to much with that con. are you in the army?

See here for info on PRSI Class C benefits:
PRSI Class C

People within CLASS C:
Commissioned Army Officers and Members of the Army Nursing Service, recruited prior to 6 April, 1995.
CLASS C BENEFITS
  • Widow's or Widower's (Contributory) Pension
  • Orphan's (Contributory) Allowance
  • Bereavement Grant
  • Carer's Benefit

If you are not in the army, then Class C is incorrect class. Why do you believe you were paying "incorrect" class of PRSI 04 05 and 06? Who decided this and told you this? The reason this class does not cover illness benefit is because army personnel get paid their full slary/wage when ill.

Back