Incorrect CCR record by Permanent TSB

Spindel

Hi
PTSB have reported inaccurately to CCR re my credit card history resulting in a negative record. They have corrected same and I have logged complaint. What should I expect in response . Many thanks

Hi
PTSB have reported inaccurately to CCR re my credit card history resulting in a negative record. They have corrected same and I have logged complaint. What should I expect in response . Many thanks
Contacted who?
PTSB or CCR or both?
If PTSB then they will presumably respond to your complaint eventually. Or maybe they have already if they corrected the record?
If you're not happy with them then get a final response from them and take it to the FSPO if necessary.
Have you actually suffered any loss/damage as a result of this mistake?
If not then is it really worth dragging this out?

Contacted Ptsb and yes ccr has been rectified. I was refused loan application as a result of the incorrect history.

Contacted Ptsb and yes ccr has been rectified. I was refused loan application as a result of the incorrect history.
Well if you have an actually written statement from a lender stating categorically that the loan was rejected on this basis, then contact a solicitor if you wish to pursue a compensation claim.

What should I expect in response .

Just correcting the error doesn't seem sufficient in this case. I would expect a proper apology and some reasonable financial compensation. From my own recent experience those go a long way towards soothing a customer when a bank error has caused difficulties. if the bank has any cop on they will pre-empt any legal involvement with an offer.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't make a big deal out of this but this isn't the first time this bank have messed me around so I suppose I am just sick of how they have treated me in general. The only loss is my credit rep. I want to switch mortgage soon and the history report not clean now. Thanks for your response. PTSB have apologised in writing. My question was what should I expect from a formal complaint.
Just correcting the error doesn't seem sufficient in this case. I would expect a proper apology and some reasonable financial compensation. From my own recent experience those go a long way towards soothing a customer when a bank error has caused difficulties. if the bank has any cop on they will pre-empt any legal involvement with an offer.

Thank you they sent the written apology and just said I don't need to do anything else

This is confusing...
Hi
PTSB have reported inaccurately to CCR re my credit card history resulting in a negative record. They have corrected same
The only loss is my credit rep. I want to switch mortgage soon and the history report not clean now.
But it should be clean if they corrected the error?

Also, you previously said that you had (also?) been refused a loan on foot of the erroneous credit record contents - is that the case or not?
As a previous poster asked, how do you know that you were refused based on the erroneous data?

Thank you that's what I thought but I have no clue what's reasonable. I don't want to be demanding but don't want to be a mug either. This bank have messed me about in the past and I didn't act.

This is confusing...

But it should be clean if they corrected the error?

Also, you previously said that you had (also?) been refused a loan on foot of the erroneous credit record contents - is that the case or not?
As a previous poster asked, how do you know that you were refused based on the erroneous data?
My apologies for confusion I don't know for definite if it was exact record that influenced the refusal but it was the only negative report

Thank you that's what I thought but I have no clue what's reasonable. I don't want to be demanding but don't want to be a mug either. This bank have messed me about in the past and I didn't act.
I received compensation for BOI errors twice in the past 5 years following a formal complaint. I never asked for any, and the second time they were surprisingly generous considering I only wanted the problem fixed. You shouldn't have to be making demands, they should be anxious to make amends imo.

Last edited:
I received compensation for BOI errors twice in the past 5 years following a formal complaint. I never asked for any, and the second time they were surprisingly generous considering I only wanted the problem fixed. You shouldn't have to be making demands, they should be anxious to make amends imo.
Thanksmct1

Back