Illegal dumping summons

Iswashere

Quick question my friend uses my car occasionally to dump my rubbish i.e. he brings bottles to the recycling bank and rubbish to the amenity centre which is paid. On an occasion the bottle bank was full and he left the bottles in a bag beside the bin. I have received a fine and summons for his misdemeanor. Can I dispute this as it is in my name and I didn't do it?

You can, but you will likely have to provide your friend's details and have them confirm it was them.

Whichever it is, looks like I have to pay. It's gas really because the council don't empty the bottle banks to allow people to dispose responsibly with their bottles, we get fined. It's not like they were thrown over a ditch

Is there CCTV at the bottle bank?

Or was it on the basis of a report by a third party?

Or by a council official?

You have (ahem) a very kind and considerate friend, but by your account you were not the one doing the dumping.

No this was not the site. I am living in a small town and there was just a few bottles on the ground but I get your point

How much were you fined? If people go to the bother of taking their bottles to be recycled, the least we can expect is that the banks can receive the recycling. Its such a nuisance to go and find them overflowing. Even on the streets nowadays, you be hard pressed to find a bin to put a sweet wrapper in.

I know yes, this is my point too. People are abusing the situation and I am trying to do the right thing and yet getting fined for it.

Back