AIB If you are not happy with the AIB redress

Firstly, I would like to express my gratitude to Brendan for his incredible determination and commitment. There are no words to convey how life changing the redress has been to me as a single parent. Brendan, if there is any particular charity you would like supported as a way I can say thank you, please post. If anyone thinks it is a good idea to take action further, would be more than happy to contribute to legal costs

I would be interested in joining this group and paying my contribution also , thanks aoife

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sorry if i am posting this in the wrong place but i am confused and looking for some advice...we received our cheque in relation to tracker refund of 21000 as we had taken out a new mortgage.. i wrote to AIB asking for compensation with a statement explaining why we felt we deserved it bad credit rating etc..i heard from a friend that they send of a form appealing the decision tp AIB...i didnt get any form so i rang AIB there asking for a form and they said there is no form that i have to go direct to Ombudsman if we want compensation can anyone confirm if this is what i do next...thank you and once again sorry if i posted in wrong place.

Olive please confirm that you are one of the Prevailing Rate cohort. The procedure is different for them.

.i heard from a friend that they send of a form appealing the decision tp AIB..

There was a form for the main group of tracker victims who could appeal to the Independent Appeals Panel.

I have not seen a form for the Prevailing Rate cohort.

Brendan

Olive please confirm that you are one of the Prevailing Rate cohort. The procedure is different for them.

There was a form for the main group of tracker victims who could appeal to the Independent Appeals Panel.

I have not seen a form for the Prevailing Rate cohort.

Brendan
Thanks Brendan yes we are the prevailing rate cohort

If you read the letter you got with the cheque, it should say

"If you are not happy with the action you have taken, you can complain to us or the the FSPO..."

So you should address your complaint to the person who signed the letter - presumably Paul O'Farrell Head of AIB FSPO Mortgage REview, AIB 10 Molesworth Street, Dublin 2.

There is no form as such.

I understand that AIB has a dedicated team to look at complaints. It will be much quicker and easier for them to resolve them directly than to have to engage with the Ombudsman, so they should deal with you sympathetically.

Hi all, we received a response to our complaint today. They have dismissed our complaint and they now consider it complete. The payment we received is to be considered as total compensation. To be truthful, we cannot make much sense if the letter (4 pages long), it is quite confusing.

Back