If you are a very low user of electicity - GlowPower

podgerodge

Hi all
In the course of helping a relative get a new house, I have put them on GlowPower "Summer Glow Simple" - reason being that for the first year at least, they will be using very little electricity and the standing charge on this particular offer is only €90 a year - half of most others from what i can tell.

The unit price is reasonable and depending on usage (type your usage into the calculators), you might come out ahead based on the lower standing charge.

Note - this Summer Glow Simple is only on the switching websites, not on their own website.

They seem cheap regardless.

Code:
Day/Night:
Day:(17.3201 cent incl. VAT)
Night:(8.9892 cent incl. VAT)
Standing order: (€103.57 incl. VAT)

24Hour:
Unit price: 14.7096 cent incl. VAT
Standing order: (€95.28 incl. VAT)

Just make sure you submit your readings to Glow Power. They take payment on a monthly basis by direct debit. I was shocked to realise that my monthly estimate was twice my previous bill. I rang to question how they estimated and they said it was based on average data but I would have had a monthly bill of €170 for the month of June. My usual usage would be about €50.

Just make sure you submit your readings to Glow Power. They take payment on a monthly basis by direct debit. I was shocked to realise that my monthly estimate was twice my previous bill. I rang to question how they estimated and they said it was based on average data but I would have had a monthly bill of €170 for the month of June. My usual usage would be about €50.

Every year I change my electricity and gas bill to get discounts as a new customer. I usually compare prices using 3 different websites.

2. www.switcher.ie
3. www.bonkers.ie

But when I decide which provider I want I contact them directly to not pay the hidden commission in these websites.

Every year I change my electricity and gas bill to get discounts as a new customer. I usually compare prices using 3 different websites.

2. www.switcher.ie
3. www.bonkers.ie

But when I decide which provider I want I contact them directly to not pay the hidden commission in these websites.

who pays the commission to the website , you or the energy co ?

who pays the commission to the website , you or the energy co ?

When I compare prices I see small difference even for the same provider, I think the website is charging you a small amount too. But the commission is paid by energy company.

Back