I owe etoll 1000's and am unemployed on €200/week

This thread seems to be pretty old. I wonder what happened to the OP?

Anyway, it's also gone off topic.
The company I work for has a webstore that takes credit card details. However, we do not store any customer bank or credit card details, nor do we want to. All credit card processing is done through a third party (Royal Bank of Scotland).

I'm pretty sure many online merchants work the same way.

Having said that, I would not give my own credit card details to eflow if they are storing them, themselves.

eflow's solicitors sent me a summons for a court date next month for 6 unpaid toll charges for last October, they are looking 900euro in fine. But the car wasn’t in my possession as i sold it two months before. I have record to say i was in work at the time of the violations and that i was in contact with eflow paying for charges for the car i did use which i ended up paying over 700euro for and at no time did they mention that there was a car registered to me with unpaid tolls. they also claim they have tried contacting me true post letting me know off the fine but at no stage did i receive any letters from them or had no phone call. do i have a strong enough argument against them.

The usual old crap that works for the govt in Ireland, i.e. the reg owner is liable regardless will be trotted out.

Back