I owe etoll 1000's and am unemployed on €200/week

mrt

hi folks

I have never paid a etoll bill ever, since the toll bridge came into operation, extremely stupid i know and I should of been paying then as everyone else has to.

I was confused at the start with payments, and when I got my first fine for 100+ euro I was like I am not paying that and it lead on from there.

I keep getting letters, from the solitors but notting ever comes of them, I would like to settle with them but when you call NTR they say its with the solitors.

I am unemployed now on 200 euro a week, not idea what to do, its just in the background, but something I would like to address.

Any advice, anyone with a similar experience ?

I owe them 1000's in fines at this point.

Contact them and make an offer.

Even if they don't accept it will look better when it gets to court.

+1. offer something like 10 a week and at least then it looks like you are engaging with them to clear the debt.

Thanks folks I will contact their solitors tomorrow and see where I go from there, I will fill you all in on how I get on

giving that you only have 200 euro a week to live on i dont think the judge will be too hard on you, probably just get a fine. i wouldn't loose too much sleep over etoll

hi folks

I have never paid a etoll bill ever, since the toll bridge came into operation, extremely stupid i know and I should of been paying then as everyone else has to.

I was confused at the start with payments, and when I got my first fine for 100+ euro I was like I am not paying that and it lead on from there.

I keep getting letters, from the solitors but notting ever comes of them, I would like to settle with them but when you call NTR they say its with the solitors.

I am unemployed now on 200 euro a week, not idea what to do, its just in the background, but something I would like to address.

Any advice, anyone with a similar experience ?

I owe them 1000's in fines at this point.

Thanks for reminding me! Got to go online and pay my toll for yesterday!

@Slim (and others)

Why have the hassle of having to remember to pay - even if youre a sporadic user of the system - and use it once a year or so. Just sign up for a video registration - it costs you nothing - you give them a debit/credit card no - everytime you drive through - they record your number plate and take 2.50 out - Simplest solution. And cheaper than paying individually! Its just asking for trouble not to be registered! People who use it a couple of times a month are better off with the tag - but thats not for everyone

@Slim (and others)

Why have the hassle of having to remember to pay - even if youre a sporadic user of the system - and use it once a year or so. Just sign up for a video registration - it costs you nothing - you give them a debit/credit card no - everytime you drive through - they record your number plate and take 2.50 out - Simplest solution. And cheaper than paying individually! Its just asking for trouble not to be registered! People who use it a couple of times a month are better off with the tag - but thats not for everyone
seems a bit crazy just handing over your credit card number like that, how do you know who will have access it!

seems a bit crazy just handing over your credit card number like that, how do you know who will have access it!

ehhh not much point having a credit card if you're not prepared to use it!! Fully agree with Sol28, video registration takes all the hassle out of it.

It's no different then internet shopping or giving your credit card details at a petrol station

noting against internet shopping but only useing paypal! credit card fraud online is big business.

I would definitely do this. Two things - Only offer what you can genuinely afford to pay weekly/monthly + make sure you make this offer in writing to the solicitors, as then it becomes evidence.

noting against internet shopping but only useing paypal! credit card fraud online is big business.

Plenty of fraud occurs with Paypal as well. Only way to prevent credit card fraud is not have a credit card. After all, plenty of scams have occured because shops have had their databases hacked or details handed over to fraudsters by dishonest staff.

i know paypal was hacked a few years ago, but its still a lot safer than just blindly giving your credit card number to some company online! sorry if we have moved off topic here.

Back