I overstayed my J-1 visa almost 22 years ago (for 76 days)

My husband received his when he went for his interview . Bring passport, print off anything they emailed you and you need passport sized photographs. They will let you know on the day if you received it and will mail it back stamped on your passport. Good luck, hope you get it.

My husband received his when he went for his interview . Bring passport, print off anything they emailed you and you need passport sized photographs. They will let you know on the day if you received it and will mail it back stamped on your passport. Good luck, hope you get it.
That is positive. How long was his overstay for? I wonder if that matters greatly to them? Also did they ask much about his time in the US? Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. 2 more weeks till my appointment.

Hi,
Great news. I was really cheering for you.
Did you list your SSN in the application?
Also when you listed the dates of your stay in the US did they ask you if you overstayed or how did you make it clear that you did? There are no questions on the DS-160 whether one overatayed? Did you say that your visa was revoked? I would much appreciate your answers.

Sorry for my late reply - haven't visited this page for a while.

I don't remember quite what my D160 looked like, but I remember saying something brief about the overstay.
In my case it really doesn't matter anyway cause I HAD to take that interview - and got the chance to explain

Hi there. Apologies for a late replay. Yes I did get a B1/B2 visa for 10 years.
Thank you for all of your helpful answers.

Back