I miss the days when.....

I miss the days when I'd get home from work, get ready, have a cold beer, play "Bat out of Hell" loud as hell on a Friday/Sat night before heading down the road with the lads, not knowing what the night ahead of us would bring!
(in saying that though, I wouldn't change my life now with my wife and boys for the world) :D

Why shouldn't children have a choice of what to eat?

+ 1.

Not a fan of the salmon cutlets for mum and dad, tesco fish fingers for the kids school of cooking. Also believe forcing children to eat what they don't want or to clear their plates leads to very bad eating habits and attitudes. Make good food available and allow appetite to dictate in the main. However don't provide goodies in lieu of proper food if they refuse to eat.

A.

I miss the days when parents would keep their bloody children quiet in public places. Now children rule the world.

"And what would you like, Tamsin?" Never mind what she'd like, put the food in front of the brat and tell her to eat it. That's what my parents did and that's what we do. Works a treat and saves time and money.

I love bringing the kids out and watching them try new things. I also love watching them try new foods at home. So far they have all developed healthy eating habits.
I agree with Ali; don't force them to finish what's on their plates. Stuffing food down your neck that you don't need is worse than throwing it out.

I miss the days i spent travelling and living in NZ, quality of life over there was great, granted i had no children then like i do now but still i reminice about it all.
I miss the days when i used to have some spare cash in my back pocket. Even maybe €20 or something like that and then when i see something nice buy it or go for a beer, to the movies, play pool, play poker.

Back