I like trump

jim

Yeah is an ejit and he spouts off and he says the wrong thing....these are just some of the reasons why i think he's grand. What ya see is what ya get.. a bit of a tosser!

He is 1st and foremost a patriot, this is supported by most of what he does and says vis a vis the US. So whats wrong with that? I respect him for that. Im a patriot and if I was a US citizen maybe id vote for him, who knows. I certainly understand why so many people voted for him.

I have no respect for some of stuff he says but hows that different to any other human. Most people do and say some things that make them likeable and respectable and some things that make them dislikeabke and disrespectable. Ok he is the US president and so he shoukd have higher standards but really what the offended folks out there are saying is - he is the US president so like most other world leaders past and present he should be politically correct.

I dont like political correctness myself and this is another reason why i like trump.

I like the way he tweets that the mayor of london is a looser just before he lands in london - class act! :)

If he was a patriot he'd pay his taxes. Anyway, I don't like patriots. They think their country is great because they were born there. Patriots get people killed.
Being a proud American, though the A is silent if you are a real patriot, is like being a proud tall person; it's an accident of birth, not a virtue. Same for being Irish or anything else.

I don't think what Trump has done to women is nearly as bad as what Bill Clinton did, let alone what he has been accused of doing, but Trump makes a virtue of it.

Being a bigoted, homophobic, transphobic, racist, misogynistic, narcissistic bully isn't some sort of badge of honour or some counterbalance to the virtue signalling pseudo-liberals who are perpetually, and very selectively, outraged. It's just being an ass.

Dont believe the hype purple..maybe he does maybe he doesnt pay his taxes...im sure he will say that he does and others (prob the media) says he doesnt. i dont know who to believe....but just judging him on what i see and hear i dont dislike him that much..thats all im saying.

Whatever about your opinion on patriots, thats fine. Im just saying that, to me, he seems like a patriot and i kinda respect that at some level.

I totally agree that he is ass. But again, so what? So many people are asses!

If he was a patriot he'd pay his taxes. Anyway, I don't like patriots. They think their country is great because they were born there. Patriots get people killed.
Being a proud American, though the A is silent if you are a real patriot, is like being a proud tall person; it's an accident of birth, not a virtue. Same for being Irish or anything else.

“To be attached to the subdivision, to love the little platoon we belong to in society… is the first link in the series by which we proceed towards a love to our country, and to mankind."
- Edmund Burke

I think there's a way of being attached to your country, without necessarily implying you think it's the only country worth being attached to.
When I say that I am a patriot for Ireland, that's what I mean, and I respect someone who is a patriot for America, or France or wherever.
I think you do have to fight (I don't mean in the literal sense) for your corner, in the sense of protecting what you think is worthwhile in it.
Same with one's own family.

ps I don't think I like Trump, but I think I like the effect he seems to have on some people who deserve to have their noses put out of joint!

Trump is brash and abrasive and definitely not PC. He's also POTUS and arguably the most powerful person in the world right now. I have no major problem with him. I like that he irks the "virtue signalling pseudo-liberals who are perpetually, and very selectively, outraged".

Trump is brash and abrasive and definitely not PC. He's also POTUS and arguably the most powerful person in the world right now. I have no major problem with him. I like that he irks the "virtue signalling pseudo-liberals who are perpetually, and very selectively, outraged".

So far so good, he has faced down the worldwide pc media and even the high tech sector, so far he is winning. I think it is only a personality like his that was able to face them down, you have to be abrasive and actually nasty to win against them. Trump is actually a media creation because he was moulded by the apprentice reality tv show so he is very aware of how the media works and the games they play. Yes he is a bully, but so too are the media bullies, now they have met their match.
On the other hand Trump has been lucky, there have been no major wars, the arab spring, syria conflict, and the annexation of crimea by russia all happened on Obama's watch. Its hard to tell how trump would have dealt with these, but alot of it was due to obama's mishandling of the arab spring, the toppling of gadaffi and mubarek and then refusing to intervene when isis ran rampage in iraq and syria. If gadaffi and mubarek had not been toppled there would not have been a syria war, this is because the arab spring would have died out and isis would have been contained in the desert in iraq

A misogynist who took small children from their parents and incarcerated them - some of whom will never be reunited. Unforgivable. How anyone can get past this lack of humanity and frames this, as annoying PC liberal types, is beyond me.

The trauma will never leave those families. Imagine. Just imagine that happening to you. To your child. And tell me again how funny it is to see what he comes out with.

On the other hand Trump has been lucky, there have been no major wars, the arab spring, syria conflict, and the annexation of crimea by russia all happened on Obama's watch. Its hard to tell how trump would have dealt with these, but alot of it was due to obama's mishandling of the arab spring, the toppling of gadaffi and mubarek and then refusing to intervene when isis ran rampage in iraq and syria. If gadaffi and mubarek had not been toppled there would not have been a syria war, this is because the arab spring would have died out and isis would have been contained in the desert in iraq
Hard to argue with that.

How anyone can get past this lack of humanity and frames this, as annoying PC liberal types, is beyond me.
Keep your hair on. These laws were already on the books and it was already happening to a degree under Obama. One of Trump's election promises was a crackdown on illegal immigration, so criminal prosecutions were ramped up. It's a crude policy and probably not terribly affective as a deterrent and AFAIK they've rowed back on it. Countries are entitled to curtail and discourage illegal immigration.

Last edited:
Keep you hair on. These laws were already on the books and it was already happening to a degree under Obama. One of Trump's election promises was a crackdown on illegal immigration, so criminal prosecutions were ramped up. It's a crude policy and probably not terribly affective as a deterrent and AFAIK they've rowed back on it. Countries are entitled to curtail and discourage illegal immigration.
What a reductive response. "Keep you hair on"? A "crude policy" and "not terribly affective" absolutely fails to address the lack of humanity and the responsibility for such a horrific act as separating children from their parents and putting them in cages. There's no justification for that. Always a more humane and decent way to address immigration, legal or otherwise.

Always a more humane and decent way to address immigration, legal or otherwise.
Can't argue with that. It has nothing to do with legal immigration. They are revising their policy in relation to illegal immigration. It's a major problem for them.

Can't argue with that. It has nothing to do with legal immigration. They are revising their policy in relation to illegal immigration. It's a major problem for them.
The USA is perfectly entitled to secure its border but, a large majority of immigrants arrive in the US legally then overstay their visa. That accounts for 3/2 of illegals. The flow from Mexico is much smaller and they are more likely to work.
Trump is playing to a right wing base that doesn't like darker skinned people, particularly if they are not the right sort of Protestant.

Methinks Futurelookin's outrage is more closely related to the treatment of those illegally entering the US from and through Mexico than that of those who have overstayed visas.
Trump is playing to a right wing base that doesn't like darker skinned people, particularly if they are not the right sort of Protestant.
I suspect there is a strong element of truth in that.

Methinks Futurelookin's outrage is more closely related to the treatment of those illegally entering the US from and through Mexico than that of those who have overstayed visas.
Sure, and that's the point; this isn't really about illegal immigration. It is about playing to a right wing Christian base in the bible belt who put him in office and will win him the next election.

I believe Donald Trump is the worst person to have been elected as POTUS in my lifetime. And that includes Richard Nixon.

First and foremost, he's a liar. He lies about himself, he lies about his marriages and he continues to lie to the world.

After that it would be hard to create a numbered list, for how do you rank Narcissism above Racism, Bullying above Ignorance.

He claims to be a friend of Israel, yet could not bring himself to condemn the White Nationalists in Charlottesville who paraded and chanted "Jews will not replace us". Some of his grandchildren are being raised in the Jewish faith.

I don't know if he is actually a Racist, but was happy to take the endorsement of David Duke. To paraphrase Andrew Gillum ".. the racists think he's a racist". He alleged, without proof, Obama was not born in the United State. He alleged, without proof, the Central Park Five were guilty and deserved the death penalty.

His attitude to John McCain, most recently when in Vietnam, betrays a profound insecurity about his sense of self.

It's a major problem for them.

That's just what they want you to believe... well, they want their electorate to believe anyway. There are more immigrants coming from China than there are 'drug dealers, criminals, rapists' as Trump likes to refer to Mexicans.

Every American I have spoken with (even the intelligent ones) informed me Donald Trump is good for the USA. Mr Trump can do anything he likes as long as it's perceived that it's good for the USA.

If I had to pigeonhole Trump I'd probably suggest he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. But I don't think he's the Devil and I think he will get re-elected.

Back