AIB I accepted AIB's offer of a tracker margin of 4% in 2018

Gladdy

Hi Brendan I was just wondering if you could answer a question for me when you have a spare minute. I just want to know. When the letter and check for 1615 euro were sent out ,we were given the option of a tracker rate of over 4% which I took up as it was cheaper than the rate i was on for a buy.to.let property. So if they are putting other people on a tracker rate of 1.5% .should this be the rate for the tracker mortgage that we were offered.

Hi Gladdy

If you are in the 300 cohort whose fixed rate ended before 15th January 2009, then you should have been offered a tracker rate of, let's say 1.7% at that time.

They will calculate a refund based on the difference between what you were charged and what you should have been charged and they will change the rate to 1.7% from now until the end of your mortgage.

If you are not in that 300 cohort, then the tracker rate you are on will continue.

Brendan

Thanks Brendan, unfortunately i am not in the 300 so I'll just wait for the letter and see where people are going to go from there.
Thanks very much again for all your hard work.

Back