HSE training fund

So the simplistic answer to MRSA is to spend 47 million on training the cleaners? Yea, right.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant all right. Thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Like all jobs of this nature, supervision is critical - no amount of training will achieve anything if the cleaner is not "motivated" to do a good job.
Supervision is not the solution. The solution is to get it done right first time.
Lets face it - cleaning is not exactly where most of our go-getters end up, is it?
Nice.

Complainer is hammering away at When will heads roll? I agree with him.

Oh Yes! There was €1600 spent on a HSE person's retirement party also. Hmmmmmmm!

The stories of waste of money, mismanagement, etc are coming in in what appears to be an hourly basis now.

Wouldn't you love to be involved in an excellent performing team in the Revenue Commissioners, working your ass off to bring in much needed tax and then you see the waste in the HSE - you wonder why you made the effort.

I bet not a single head will rill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree Leper. Not one head will roll. Someone might resign and get a nice fat pension out of it though.

Meanwhile one of my neighbors died this week. He was in his 80's. He fell in town and broke his hip. He went to hospital and got an infection. And he died. How many times does this happen in Ireland? Infection in our hospitals is rampant. Our health service is truly abysmal.

"Our health service is truly abysmal."

I disagree. Your neighbours story is sad but it is not necessarily all as stated.

People in their 80's do fall - the hip break is, for many of them, the gateway to long term care or death. In the way that pneumonia once was. It is an unfortunate aspect of hospital care that a patient may get an infection.

I have nothing but praise for the health service and the levels of service and attention that I and my close family have experienced as public patients.

mf

"Our health service is truly abysmal."

I disagree. Your neighbours story is sad but it is not necessarily all as stated.

People in their 80's do fall - the hip break is, for many of them, the gateway to long term care or death. In the way that pneumonia once was. It is an unfortunate aspect of hospital care that a patient may get an infection.

I have nothing but praise for the health service and the levels of service and attention that I and my close family have experienced as public patients.

mf

Then you are one of the few. I have lived in Germany, US and Australia, and I can assure you that our health service is third world in comparison. And my neighbours story is far from isolated. I fear for elderly people in particular who have to use the 'service'.

mf

You must be joking or else exceedingly lucky. The things some of my family members have had to endure are simply shocking. The odd time they came out of the hospital in a better shape than they went in...

I second the Australian health system.

Went to A&E once, I was the only one there.
Seen to immediately. :D

Hospital has since been downgraded though. Shame

Back