HSE Grade VI IT vs Civil Service HEO ICT

TestLink

I am currently working in Civil Service as HEO ICT. Have got a job offer for HSE Grade VI IT.

Can someone advice me whether it is worth accepting the HSE offer? Doesnt have much difference in salary. Current role offers Hybrid working, Flexi leave etc. Dont know whether HSE has any policies like this. What about career progression, upskilling opportunity, work environment etc?

Any advice?

As a place to work, I would say the civil service is probably a slightly more interesting and diverse place to work than the HSE, with greater opportunity to move Departments etc.

As has been stated elsewhere on this site, the public sector tends to attach more value to external IT contractors than it does to its own people.

Doesnt have much difference in salary. Current role offers Hybrid working, Flexi leave etc. Dont know whether HSE has any policies like this.

As these type of things can make a big difference to quality of lifestyle and obviously costs with possibly more travel surely you could discuss this with the H.R. contact that you are dealing with for the job offer. Different areas in HSE might have different rules on hybrid working and flexi leave etc. so you could get a bum steer.

Back