How to transfer and use pension funds for business startup?

ivorystraws

I have currently a pension which is also partly contributed to by my employer. I am the company director of my own small business. I'm thinking of making the jump to working on my business full time in the near future. How can I transfer my pension to my company and make best use of it to help my company grow ?

No - a SSAF would not allow this in any circumstances.

You can't use your pension fund except to fund your retirement.

If you had a very big fund, you could get an interest only mortgage on your premises.

Brendan

Thanks for all the responses on this. Just need a little more clarification on this.

When I move to work for my own company as Director, is possible to transfer my current pension to a small self-administered pension scheme? If so, is it possible to use this amount in the self-administered pension scheme to borrow to purchase a buy-to-let commercial property i.e. isn't it possible to leverage up the pension portfolio?

These Finance Act changes were introduced under Charlie McCreevy, whereby most types of commercial property will be suitable for purchase but does this still apply?

I just need some clarification on the above and on any changes that may have been recently introduced.

I don't know the ins and outs, but you cannot use your SSAF to buy a property to let to a business connected with yourself.

Brendan

Back